- Who we are
- What we do
- SADC Gender Protocol Alliance
- SRHR – Voice and Choice
- Gender & Media
- Gender & Governance
- Gender Justice
- Gender Links Services (GLS)
- Making a difference
- Join Our Communities
As an organisation with a core focus on how women are represented in the media one of the services that Gender Links offers is the production of conference newspapers at major international gender conferences and events. GL has played an active role in promoting gender equality in and through the media in east and Southern Africa, and has produced, or been involved in producing daily newspapers at most of the global UN conferences, including Beijing and Beijing Plus Five and the African Development Forum (ADF)
Conferences such as the CSW are relevant for all groups of women, including activist, community based organisations and the general public. These conference newspapers provide a forum for women around the globe to access daily information about these conferences thereby bringing these issues home and making them relevant to women in Africa.
- A team of journalists produces a daily hard copy newspaper which is disseminated to conference participants each morning.
- The paper generally consists of a thematic centre spread that carries features, news, analyses and fact sheets that have been prepared before the conference.
- An online version is publicised to various networks ahead of the conference and put up online in accessible formats late each night.
- Stories packaged for, and targeted at, various mainstream media based on discussions with editors ahead of the conference.
Click here for some of the conference newspapers GL has produced.
WHO TO CONTACT
For a free consultation and quotation please contact: Anushka Virahsawmy, Regional Training Manager
Phone: (+230) 4674642 / 4674643