- Who we are
- What we do
- SADC Gender Protocol & Alliance
- Gender & Media
- Gender & Governance
- Gender Justice
- Gender Links Services (GLS)
- Making a difference
- Join Our Communities
The National Prosecution Authority (NPA) and the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) commissioned GL to carry out a mapping exercise of promising violence prevention models in South Africa. Gender Links analysed the case studies using the ecological model:
- Individual and family: – Empowerment of women, role of men; households
- Community: – Schools, traditional leadership, religious leadership
- Society: – Political leadership, sports, media
While the case studies reflect a bouquet of innovative strategies and their impact, it is quite evident that there are a number of arenas for action which have potential to create impact on ending gender violence that are missing. If initiatives in these areas are there it is either they are not documented or are at a very small scale.
GL features prevention programmes that seek to empower women.