- Who we are
- What we do
- SADC Gender Protocol & Alliance
- Gender & Media
- Gender & Governance
- Gender Justice
- Gender Links Services (GLS)
- Making a difference
- Join Our Communities
Gender Links (GL) and the Gender and Media Diversity Centre (GMDC) has audited institutions of higher learning in Southern Africa to determine if and how gender has been integrated in journalism and media education and training. It was apparent from the general findings of the Gender in Media Education research that educators are willing to integrate gender into curriculum but do not always have the capacity to do so.
Click here for the findings of the Gender in Media Eduation Research.
The process of the Community of Practice project is as follows:
- Notice, supporting materials and guiding questions will be sent out to educators and students by the 15th of every month or following weekday if it is on a weekend.
- The online chat will take place on the 25th of every month or following weekday if it is on a weekend.
- The summary of the chat will be included in the GMDC newsletter on the next month. Contributions will be invited to the wiki.
- Contributors have until the 10th of the month to add content.
- The product will be finalised by the 15th of the month and sent out to all participants with the notice of the next discussion.
- The product will be uploaded to the website and a link sent out in the newsletter on the first of the month.