- About Us
- What we do
- Policy and Movement Building
- Communication for Social Change
- 50/50 Campaign
- Local Action for Gender Justice
- Gender Justice & SRHR
- Gender and Climate Justice
- #VoiceandChoice in the time of Corona
- Sustainability Hub
GL has worked with gender ministries in Seychelles, Namibia, Zambia and Swaziland to align their gender policies to the SADC Gender Protocol and cost implementation.
GL and the Women’s Affairs Department in Botswana developed a mutually beneficial relationship in the implementation of the GBV indicators research. GL managed technical research components including analysis and drafting of the report (the software) while WAD managed all in-country processes including provision of resources (financial, human and administrative), logistics for training and fieldwork (including mobilization of research assistants) as well as for the launch of the GBV Indicators Study Report (the hardware). In Mauritius, GL worked with the Mauritius Research Council (MRC), and in South Africa the Medical Research Council (MRC), both statutory bodies. GL is using the Botswana and Mauritius models to persuade other governments in the region to conduct GBV indicators research, starting from local to national level. GL, in partnership with gender ministries, has rolled out the research to Zimbabwe, Lesotho and Zambia.
GL’s current strategic thrust is to develop long term, strategic partnerships with gender ministries covering a range of programme areas.
Some of Gender Links’ work with government ministries:
- Zambia: Working hand in glove with the gender ministry
- Lesotho: Ministry of Gender and Youth, Sports and Recreation
- Zimbabwe: Bringing the Protocol to life
- South Africa: Provincial government, GL and Donor: Limpopo Province