- About Us
- What we do
- Policy and Movement Building
- Communication for Social Change
- Local Action for Gender Justice
- Gender Justice & SRHR
- #VoiceandChoice in the time of Corona
- Sustainability Hub
- Making a difference
Gender Links (GL) is committed to an inclusive, equal and just society in which women and girls in all their diversities exercise their voice and choice in accordance with the SADC Protocol on Gender and Development and related regional, continental and global instruments.
GL achieves its vision through a people-centred approach guided by the SADC Protocol on Gender and Development that is aligned to the Sustainable Development Goals, Beijing Plus Twenty and Africa Agenda 2063.
Working with partners at local, national, Southern African and international level, GL realises its vision through:
- Three programme areas: Policy and Movement Building (which coordinates the SADC Protocol on Gender and Development); Communications for Social Change (including traditional, mainstream and new media); and Local Action for Gender Justice (the Centres of Excellence for Gender in Local Government).
- Four cross cutting themes: Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) including Violence Against Women and Girls (VAWG); women’s equal and effective political participation; economic and climate justice.
- Results for Change achieved through robust planning, monitoring, evaluation, learning, knowledge management, sharing and innovation.
- Institutional effectiveness through good governance; care for staff, associates, and partners; compliance with integrity policies; transparent financial management, zero tolerance for corruption, value for money and use of digital tools.
- A sustainability strategy that includes a dedicated Sustainability Hub.
Click here for Gender Links’ Vision 2020.