- About Us
- Who we are
- Values and Principles
- Strategy and Reports
- Contact Us
- What we do
- How we do it
- Policy and Movement Building
- Local Action for Gender Justice
- Empowering partners through grant making
174 women participated in the Sunrise campaign in Botswana in 2013-2015. The program was supported by the Delegation of the European Union in Botswana. Some of the significant results of this program are that 37% of those trained grew their businesses; 33% started a new business and 29% found new markets. 96% of participants said they now experienced less gender-based violence. Key results included:
- 174 survivors of Gender Based Violence in 10 councils trained as entrepreneurs
- 100% completed a business plan and 56% followed through on the plan.
- 37% grew their businesses, 33% started a new business and 29% found new markets
- 78% perceived a positive change in their financial circumstances,27% added new products 24% opened new bank accounts.
- Average monthly income among participants in Botswana increased by P401. Overall the project resulted in a P380,544 increase in annual income.
- 59% added new products and 54% found new markets; 48% indicated starting a new business and 29% increased the size of their business; 41% opened a bank account and 35% increased email usage.
- 96% of participants said they now experience less or much less GBV. The average Botswana score of 82% for relationship control is the highest in the region.
- Gender attitudes as measured by the Gender Progress Score (GPS) rose from 61% to 62%. At 75% the participants had a GPS of 14 percentage point higher than their communities
- Participants gave the programme an overall rating of 92%.
Read more about the 2015 Pamphlet.
In 2017 to 2019 the Sunrise campaign ran in 15 districts namely, Okavango Sub District, Maun Administration Authority, Chobe District Council, North East District Council, South East District Council, City of Francistown, Tonota Sub District Council, Selibe Phikwe Town Council, Palapye Administration Authority, Lobatse Town Council, Goodhope Sub-District Council, Mabutsane Sub District Council, Moshupa Sub District Council and Hukuntsi Sub District Council anchored the Entrepreneurship programme. Key results included:
- 228 survivors of GBV in 15 councils in Botswana trained as entrepreneurs in the Sunrise Campaign at the Baseline stage.