- Who we are
- What we do
- #VoiceandChoice in the time of Corona
- SADC Gender Protocol Alliance
- Gender Justice & SRHR
- Gender & Governance
- Gender & Media
- Gender Links Services (GLS)
- Making a difference
- Join Our Communities
The case studies and alerts database is an online resource centre for trainers, educators, journalists, gender and media activists and students. The database consists of gendered analyses of media products such as news, features, opinions, editorials, advertisements etc. The media alerts are written as training resources and include an analysis of the articles and links to other training resources. The media article under analysis is attached as a jpeg to the case study. Media alerts and highlights may be searched using the following criteria:
* GEM classification
(The GL Gender and Media classification system highlights whether an article illustrates a blatant or subtle gender stereotype; is gender aware or gender blind. Click here to read more on the GEM classification.)
If you would like to contribute to the Virtual Resource Centre or comment on a case study please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Search the case studies and alerts below.
If you want to search the database on any of the categories below do the following:
- Click on the down arrow next to a category and choose your option.
You can choose as many categories as you need.
- If you don’t want to search on a particular category, leave the category as is.
- For example if you want to search for all Gender Blind articles in SA, choose SA from Country, choose Gender Blind from GEM classification, leave everything else as is and click the SEARCH button
- If you want to find all items from April 2017, choose the month April 2017 under Date, leave everything else as is and click on the SEARCH button.
- All your items will be displayed in a list, click on the item you are interested in.
- To download an artifact, click on the title of the artifact. The page will open.
Right click on the big picture and click on SAVE IMAGE AS