- About Us
- What we do
- Policy and Movement Building
- Communication for Social Change
- Local Action for Gender Justice
- Gender Justice & SRHR
- #VoiceandChoice in the time of Corona
- Sustainability Hub
- Making a difference
The Gender and Media Progress Study (GMPS) in 2015 also gathered latest data on women and men in journalism and media studies departments. This was a follow up to the 2010 Gender in Media Education Audit (GIME) research conducted together with journalism and media studies departments across the region. The objectives of the GIME audit were to:
- Establish whether or not gender is integrated in media education and training.
- Identify gaps in current media/journalism education and training in Southern Africa with regard to mainstreaming gender in the curriculum.
- Determine whether or not Gender Links materials and electronic resources are being used in media education and training in the Southern Africa.
- Utilise the findings to develop strategic interventions to ensure sustained gender mainstreaming in media education and training.
Click here to view the 2015 Gender in media education chapter of the GMPS report.
Click here to view the Gender in Media Education regional report. Click on the links below for the country reports.