- About Us
- Who we are
- Values and Principles
- Strategy and Reports
- Contact Us
- What we do
- How we do it
- Policy and Movement Building
- Local Action for Gender Justice
- Empowering partners through grant making
|AREA OF WORK||WHAT IS REQUIRED||DOCUMENT TO REFER TO||ACTION POINTS|
|How the Alliance works in each country||· The Alliance works through the network of the women’s movement. The Non-governmental coordinating council. It has taken the approach of the regional alliance by recognising the different capacities of different organizations within the movement and utilising their strength to support the work of the alliance in country.||The non-governmental coordinating council organizational directory for the women’s movement in Zambia.||Divide the organizations in specific clusters and support organizations to take the lead|
|Country work plan||· Do you have a country strategy for the Alliance work?
· The key strategy for the year was to ensure WLSA Zambia popularize the enacted gender equity and equality Act among its alliance partners and simplify it for lobby and advocacy purposes. As an alliance we have partnered with the women’s movement to raise resources for the same, while it has not been forthcoming.
· WLSA Zambia has been running a campaign on ending child marriage through a network of member organizations
|SADC Gender Protocol on Gender and Development
Gender Equity and Equality Act
|Mobilize resources for alliance work|
Research and surveys
|· What are the plans for the country level Barometer or any other research?
The alliance will include the work for the barometer in their current resource mobilization strategy. The current barometer will be popularized during the GBV stakeholder meetings with the ministry of gender and Non-Governmental coordinating council membership meetings
|· Highlight any possible resources needed or in the pipeline, what support is needed from GL?
· Standard presentation on key areas that may require focus on the barometer
· There may be need to a training on a monitoring mechanisms on the indicators for SGDI
|Link with NGOCC for the membership meetings
Link with the ministry of gender on the GBV stakeholder meetings.
|SUCCESSES AND CHALLENGES|
|The main challenges has been the resource mobilization to create a critical mass for popularization of the protocol and the regional barometer
Resource mobilization for the Zambia barometer
|How can you share your successes and challenges through the Alliance/using the Alliance Community of Practice, how do you showcase these successes through the summits or other platforms. How do we mitigate any challenges faced by the gender movements
We share our success through different networking platforms that WLSA is a member to .
|Periodic reports||Need to include alliance work in all proposals for gender and development.|
|Action plan for the rest of the year||We will share the work of the young women’s alliance with other youth organizations in the country||Develop linkages with other youth organizations , such as young women in action|
|How do we strengthen the relations within the Alliance and with GL as the coordinating NGO||MOU templates – GL to supply|
|Any other issues to mention|